We take a human approach to Technology, with continuous learning fundamental to our DNA. As a professional services provider what we do will change a multitude of times in the coming years on the whim of technology, or method change.
The core principles of why we exist and our approach to remain vibrant and impactful, is what will keep us relevant.
DigIO is a collection of people with a shared set of values and culture that emphasises the importance of people, their uniqueness as individuals and the impact you make when you bring a highly skilled group together to solve a problem.
Creating a learning organisation
Learning and innovation go hand in hand. The arrogance of success is to think that what you did yesterday will be sufficient for tomorrow. – William Pollard
We are a learning organisation.
Most people are intrinsically motivated by learning new things. However, in our professional careers we can be typecast or become complacent with the skills that have served us in the past.
As the rate of change and genuine disruption accelerates, the importance of learning to remain relevant is as important as ever. It is easy to get caught in technology bubbles and forget that as an organisation, our purpose is to deliver valuable and meaningful experiences to people.
The experiences people expect will continue to change, and so should we. We invest in our own people and customers to not only embrace, but lead the change.
Our fundamentals of leadership
If you want to be a great leader, remember to treat all people with respect at all times. For one, because you never know when you’ll need their help. And two, because it’s a sign you respect people, which all great leaders do. – Simon Sinek
As leaders, there a few key principles we will follow:
- People first
- We are a people business. Our uniqueness and value comes from those within it and the meaningful interactions we create with our customers and their customers.
- There are no passengers in leadership
- Leadership is stepping outside your comfort zone to help others. Leadership is making it okay for others to question you. Leadership is building a culture in which the ideas of everybody are valued equally. We’re all leaders.
- Set strategy, create plans, but don’t follow blindly
- A plan is just that, a starting position that you believe is correct at a point in time. The context and circumstances will change it.
- Hire good people, and get out of their way
- Command and control is not sustainable, nor does it create a dynamic or high performing organisation. We create clarity of purpose, provide the tools and support to execute and then, most importantly, create the space to enable people to succeed.
- Don’t force people to be something they are not
- Tenure doesn’t mean someone needs to become a manager or a leader. Celebrate people for what they are great at, provide opportunity and challenge within the right domains.
Our big, hairy, audacious goal
Scale and growth as terms don’t have a huge amount of meaning for us.
But opportunity does.
Our goal is to be the most impactful and influential Technology services provider in Australia by 2022. To achieve this goal we need to create both opportunities and capability at a rapid pace, with our team members and customers the intended beneficiaries.
It’s an exciting place to be.
What we do… for now
The intention of this post is not to provide an exhaustive list of all our capabilities; there will be time for that.
In short, we will bring Design Thinking, progressive delivery methods and team structures to help frame problems agnostic of the technology that solves it.
We bring thought leadership insights into choosing the right technologies and architectures to solve the problems. We are passionate about creating a step change in the delivery of value through both mature and emerging technologies. We are happy to talk through how we make this happen in more detail.
Thanks for reading, we hope you enjoy our blog.