Deliver secure, observable and resilient
This workshop will cover
- Istio deployment and sample microservice solution overview
- Mesh architecture walkthrough, typical deployment topology and component responsibilities
- Custom resource definitions and how to combine them
- Agent-less observability with metrics, traces and logs
- Endpoint authentication and fine-grained access control
- Advanced routing and service resiliency
Participants will leave with answers to the following questions
- What is it, and when should I use it?
Gain an understanding of how Istio works, and the problems it can be applied to.
- How do I use it?
Implement common use cases in hands on labs, and become familiar with the tools used to implement them.
- What do I do next?
Leave with a working environment and sample applications to support further self-paced learning.
Developers or platform engineers who wish to understand the benefits that Istio provides on top of standard Kubernetes, and typical deployment patterns for managing microservice applications. No prior understanding of Istio is required, however a working knowledge of Kubernetes in a local environment is required (check out our Kubernetes Workshop).
Number of attendees
8-10 per session
Get in touch below and our team will get back to you.