Transforming ways of working
- Systemic Continuous Improvement
- Engineering Excellence
- Improved Product Focus
- Empirical Decision Making
We have worked with one of Australia’s leading suppliers of residential and commercial hardware products to define a transformative approach for how their delivery teams can work at scale.
After consultation with our client, it was agreed that a transformative approach was required to address product management, agile delivery and agile capability uplift and to drive the desired improvements. In support of establishing our client’s new Way of Working (WoW) we focussed on the following:
- Product and agile delivery frameworks – developing customised product and agile delivery frameworks to improve predictability, visibility and continuous improvement.
- Embedded Agile Coaching – working closely with agile team leads and teams to recommend and implement changes to their work practices to improve the effectiveness of their chosen agile framework (Scrum or Kanban).
- A Program Kanban Wall – providing visibility of initiatives from problem definition through to measurement and learnings in Production, to improve predictability and flow of work and better manage cross team dependencies.
- Feature Canvas and “Pitch Perfect” sessions – to provide structure to the initiative life cycle so that the viability and ROI of an initiative is better assessed before development commences.
- Delivery health checks – using a balanced scorecard approach to embed metrics and empirical evidence based decision making and associated process improvements via peer review of team performance.
- Team health checks – using the Spotify model to measure team health and identify areas of improvement across teams that may require leadership support.
A Kaizen working group – the working group elevated the visibility and importance of continuous improvement activities and gives the opportunity for the resolution of improvement requiring cross team participation.
The customised product and agile delivery framework developed by DigIO helped our client to improve predictability, visibility and continuous improvement based on metrics and empirical evidence.